Saving Money On Your Wedding
You have decided to walk down the aisle and now the big question is arranging finances for your wedding, there is never enough of it and you always end up falling short of it no matter how much ever you save, so the best thing is to take the plunge with same savings behind you. Having a wedding is not always an expensive affair if you plan and organize both your savings, you might actually end up saving some if you get a little practical and thinking.
- Think of having a civil wedding and throw a small party to close family and friends and, save money for your honeymoon to an exotic location and spend some quality time together.
- To save money on your wedding, have a small guest list, invite only those that are extremely close to you and your partner, this way you can keep your wedding sweet and simple.
- Your granny could do your wedding invitations, or anyone who is good at creating something new can be asked to unleash their creativity, this really saves up on your wedding expenses.
- Consider having a wedding in not so busy a season, slightly stretching your wedding beyond the period can be easier on your pockets. The florists, caterers, wedding ensemble, wedding bands can be arranged at much lower prices.
- Set a budget to the caterers and florists; instruct them to offer their quality services in the fixed finances.
- Look out for discounts and offers while you do your wedding shopping , make use of your credit card points , try shopping at other stores if you think the place where you shop regularly is high on their prices.
- You could wear your mothers or grandmothers exquisite wedding gown with slight modifications to fit your perfectly. Many brides prefer wearing them.
- Request your friends to pick up and drop the guests that attend the wedding, this can save you from spending on car rentals.
- Pick a weekday for the wedding but an appropriate time so that the invitees can attend the wedding in time, caterers, florists, reception halls, restaurants are expensive on weekends.
- Get some amateur bands playing at your wedding, but only after testing them out at least once .This can save you quite some money than having a professional band play for you.